COVID-19 update for Dec. 12-13: First vaccines arriving today | Exposure alerts for 6 flights | Officials warn of coronavirus text scam
Here’s your daily update with everything you need to know on the novel coronavirus situation in B.C. for Dec. 12 – 13, 2020.
We’ll provide summaries of what’s going on in B.C. right here so you can get the latest news at a glance. This page will be updated regularly throughout the day, with developments added as they happen.
B.C.’S COVID-19 CASE NUMBERS
As of the latest figures given on Dec. 11:
• Total number of confirmed cases: 40,797 (9,589 active)
• New cases since Dec. 10: 737
• Hospitalized cases: 342
• Intensive care: 87
• COVID-19 related deaths: 598 (11 new)
• Cases under public health monitoring: 12,008
• Recovered: 29,598
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes, and acute care facilities currently affected: 64